Saturday 22 October 2011

Bookmarks for your follow up

The last thing I have got for you, is some bookmarks that I have selected that will be great for you to read once you have gotten settled in. They will provide you with local contacts, information about the many organisations that are around to help us and just some mroe general knowledge about day to day management.

I've created and stored them using "Delicious," a social bookmarking site. Whats social bookmarking you ask? Well, I'm sure your notebook at home is littered with many, many, many brower based bookmarks and probably not very well organised either. It's ok. Most of us are the same. 

The beauty of Delicious is that it's a tool that allows us to create bookmarks and share them. This means we can capture a link, tag it (you know all about this) relevantly and store them to a profile. Not only will your bookmarks now help others search for documents and links of their own, it also means that we can now find our own bookmarks when we use a different computer. This will be really helpful for you at school, trust me.


Here is a really neat little video explaining the notion of social bookmarking and how you can utlise it to help you.




Pretty useful, isn't it? 


Now, I'll give you the link to the bookmarks I have put together for you and you can go from there. Remember, I'm always just a phone call away if need be. Delicious Bookmarks

Hope I've been able to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment